Martha's - Glasgow



Ever since I decided to get fit in December 2017, I’m always trying to balance my complete love of food and eating out with my desire to be healthy. There are a few great places in Glasgow that have this balance down perfectly. Martha’s [142A St Vincent St, Glasgow G2 5LQ] is one of these places.

Branded as a healthy fast food café, Martha’s sell a collection of delicious sit-in and takeaway meals that won’t break the bank (or the scales). The first time I went to Martha’s there was literally a queue out the door. It’s a popular place and for good reason.

The meals are made with healthy produce and all ingredients and calorie counts are stated so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting.

I ended up ordering the same dish at both of my recent visits to Martha’s due to it being so delicious and filling. This was the Indonesian Satay Chicken (£4.99). This dish is from the ‘Under 500 Cal’ menu. It consisted of tender boneless chicken thigh pieces coated in a peanut and chili dressing, served with brown rice and an Asian slaw.

The chicken was tender and juicy, and the dressing gave it a slightly spicy but creamy and delightful taste. The rice was a nice, slightly chewy accompaniment to the tender chicken. The dish is really filling and left me feeling satisfied at both experiences.

The great thing about Martha’s (other than the food) is how quickly you get your food. I waited in a queue that was out the door and still had my food within 10 minutes. The service was quick, efficient and attentive.

The menu is extensive and includes breakfast dishes, wraps, soups, salads, and bigger main dishes like the Indonesian Satay Chicken. I will definitely be back to Martha’s to taste more of their guilt-free cuisine.

Amy's Rating?

Silver Fork 

(Check out my rating system here

Comments

Popular Posts